Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Prelimanary Task Evaluation(;

Overall, i am happy with how the final magazine cover turned out. However, at first I did hit a few technical hitches with the software and the Macs, but once they were eventually sorted out, things went reasonably smoothly.  I think my front cover is very eye catching because of the colours and pattern I used for our background. I think I used a strong image as the main image is very large and has lots of contrasting colours to the background which makes it stand out and easy to see. Because of the placement of my image it means that it stands out a lot more because there is not too much whitespace. I think there is some so that people are dawn to the picture and nothing else on the cover. The magazine cover includes lures on the sides to attract the reader and make them want to read on through the magazine and I have used word and small sentences to connect to the reader on the front by offering things they may be interested in because of the fact they are interested in reading a music magazine, For example, "Free interview with Dave Grohl inside". This attracts readers, mainly fans of dave Grohl or his band The Foo Fighters. The background is brightly coloured and stands out against the main image and the text. This makes it all the more eye-cathcing to thr reader so they will be more likely to notice it and encourage them to pick it up and read it.  In all the writing on the front there is a subtext. the writing on the front is trying to get people to read on through the magazine and make sure they are interested so they read it again. this subtext is fairly clear as almost all magazines have this subtext as they want to sell magazines so they have to draw people in. I think mine could have gone better if we had more time as we have problems with cameras, photoshop and software like that.    

No comments:

Post a Comment